Crossmember in front of fuel tank - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Crossmember in front of fuel tank

Steinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
95Turtle
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Crossmember in front of fuel tank

I'm looking for an aftermarket replacement for the crossmember that holds up the front of the fuel tank. I have seen before where people have made them, but mine needs to be replaced now for inspection and I'm really busy with school/work, so I don't have the time to fabricate one. Any ideas where I could buy one new?

95Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
Troy1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I need the same crossmember for my Jeep as well. I havent found an aftermarket one either. However my local Jeep Dealer has a part # for it and the "computer" shows they have it in stock at the wearhouse. The price was around $200.00 canadian. Im still trying to figure out if I want to try and make my own or just see if I can get from the dealer.....Maybe try a used parts place?
Troy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
95Turtle
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I thought about a junkyard, but I don't want to weld something in there that's a year or two from being as bad as the one I have now. Junked Jeeps are hard to find around here and ones that aren't rusty are even harder to find.
Unread 07-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
wrangler76
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Shoot... I just took a '95 rot free frame to scrap. Isn't that the way it happens!?!?!? I'd been sitting on that frame for the last 6 months....
wrangler76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
95Turtle
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler76 View Post
Shoot... I just took a '95 rot free frame to scrap. Isn't that the way it happens!?!?!? I'd been sitting on that frame for the last 6 months....
Ha, that's the way it goes I guess. Anything rot free is tough to find in the Northeast.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.