Crossmember in front of fuel tank - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-12-2010, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
95Turtle
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Crossmember in front of fuel tank

I'm looking for an aftermarket replacement for the crossmember that holds up the front of the fuel tank. I have seen before where people have made them, but mine needs to be replaced now for inspection and I'm really busy with school/work, so I don't have the time to fabricate one. Any ideas where I could buy one new?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Troy1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I need the same crossmember for my Jeep as well. I havent found an aftermarket one either. However my local Jeep Dealer has a part # for it and the "computer" shows they have it in stock at the wearhouse. The price was around $200.00 canadian. Im still trying to figure out if I want to try and make my own or just see if I can get from the dealer.....Maybe try a used parts place?
post #3 of 5 Old 07-12-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
95Turtle
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I thought about a junkyard, but I don't want to weld something in there that's a year or two from being as bad as the one I have now. Junked Jeeps are hard to find around here and ones that aren't rusty are even harder to find.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-12-2010, 08:59 PM
wrangler76
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Shoot... I just took a '95 rot free frame to scrap. Isn't that the way it happens!?!?!? I'd been sitting on that frame for the last 6 months....
post #5 of 5 Old 07-12-2010, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
95Turtle
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler76 View Post
Shoot... I just took a '95 rot free frame to scrap. Isn't that the way it happens!?!?!? I'd been sitting on that frame for the last 6 months....
Ha, that's the way it goes I guess. Anything rot free is tough to find in the Northeast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.