Crappy MML redo/ WARNING DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Crappy MML redo/ WARNING DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
Blackfish
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Crappy MML redo/ WARNING DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

TD TRANSADAPT PERFORMANCE PRODUCT!! MML customer service and product

This particular company make quite a few parts and the others may be of excellent quality, but to distribute part number 4214 as quality would be like saying that the Titanic did not sink.

I have performed many mods on my vehicle and recently decided to tackle a driveline vibration, I realize that the MML is not a sure fix but, is necessary for many reasons as I'm at 4.5 inches of lift.

I took on the project and replacing motor mounts is just not that hard on a 4cylinder jeep without ac. The installation went easy, as my oldest son, who was the first to recognize that the sleeve bewtween bushings was much larger than the bolts they would be mating to the brackets, then we noticed that the housing was to large for the driver side by about a 1/4 inch including bushings.

The passenger side was short about a quarter inch, keep in mind that the driver side housing is a good full inch shorter than passenger so their is no getting this wrong.

So installed a started, the driveline vibration was much better but the vibration into the rest of the vehicle was so violant that it cause the seat frames to rattle at idle and the vibration could be felt in the concrete.

I called the company and explained the problem, wow what a condescending jack&@$ I asked three time to speak to one of the techs, he refused and said they were busy, and that no one had ever complained about the product.

I simply wanted to tell them that their product had a flaw, the sleeves are 3/16 of an inch larger than the bolts they receive, this allows for harmonic vibrations to be amplified and that the sleeves should be more in line with the size of the bolts as these factory engine are not blue printed.

I replaced the mounts with JKS MOUNTS WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT THIS IS IT EVEN CAME WITH INSTRUCTIONS WELL PACKAGED NOT LOOSE PARTS IN A BOX AND ALTHOUGH IT WASN'T NEEDED I BET CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS FANTASTIC,

I would never ever recommend that some one not use a product, but I would definitely not recommend this particular product to anyone. :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall :brickwall:brickwall

Unread 02-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
TD TRANSADAPT PERFORMANCE PRODUCT!! MML customer service and product

This particular company make quite a few parts and the others may be of excellent quality, but to distribute part number 4214 as quality would be like saying that the Titanic did not sink.

I have performed many mods on my vehicle and recently decided to tackle a driveline vibration, I realize that the MML is not a sure fix but, is necessary for many reasons as I'm at 4.5 inches of lift.

I took on the project and replacing motor mounts is just not that hard on a 4cylinder jeep without ac. The installation went easy, as my oldest son, who was the first to recognize that the sleeve bewtween bushings was much larger than the bolts they would be mating to the brackets, then we noticed that the housing was to large for the driver side by about a 1/4 inch including bushings.

The passenger side was short about a quarter inch, keep in mind that the driver side housing is a good full inch shorter than passenger so their is no getting this wrong.

So installed a started, the driveline vibration was much better but the vibration into the rest of the vehicle was so violant that it cause the seat frames to rattle at idle and the vibration could be felt in the concrete.

I called the company and explained the problem, wow what a condescending jack&@$ I asked three time to speak to one of the techs, he refused and said they were busy, and that no one had ever complained about the product.

I simply wanted to tell them that their product had a flaw, the sleeves are 3/16 of an inch larger than the bolts they receive, this allows for harmonic vibrations to be amplified and that the sleeves should be more in line with the size of the bolts as these factory engine are not blue printed.

I replaced the mounts with JKS MOUNTS WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT THIS IS IT EVEN CAME WITH INSTRUCTIONS WELL PACKAGED NOT LOOSE PARTS IN A BOX AND ALTHOUGH IT WASN'T NEEDED I BET CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS FANTASTIC,

I would never ever recommend that some one not use a product, but I would definitely not recommend this particular product to anyone. : : : : : : :
You should cut/paste this entire thing into this form http://www.tdperformance.com/contactUs with information on the phone number etc. as to where you called etc. Be as explicit as you can and name names if you have them. I do thank you for posting so others wont have to go through what you did

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.