Crankshaft Position Sensor - ground wire? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Crankshaft Position Sensor - ground wire?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
kbson
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Crankshaft Position Sensor - ground wire?

I am looking to incorporate the ground wire from the crankshaft position sensor into a kill switch. The connector is not the flat kind - it is round with the pins in a triangle formation. The connector is all sealed up so I cannot tell which wire ends up at which pin (I don't know which pin is the ground anyway-haha). Also, the wires from the sensor to the connector are all fused together--not separate, free wires (if that makes sense). The only distinction on the wires I can tell is the center wire of the three, has a white line on it. The two outside wires look identical to me, but who knows.

Which wire is the ground, or how can I determine?

kbson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

There is a nice manual here you can look at. Otherwise sit around and wait for que to chime in lol
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...rce=cj#service

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.