Cracked Header - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cracked Header

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 05-15-2003, 11:26 AM   #1
jisl

Cracked Header

I know, I know, factory headers crack! My question is...has anyone ever tried to use JB Weld on the crack for a temporary fix?

Also, what's the cheapest header that won't crack?

Say no to crack!

Sahara Jeep Club Member #2
94 YJ Sahara
Soft top and Safari
31" BFG AT
4.0 HO 6cyl.
DD
jisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2003, 01:13 PM   #2
gtflyer

JB won't hold..been discussed many times...I am sure we all know by now which Header i suggest going with!..Owen- would you like to do the honors?...Banks!
gtflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2003, 02:42 PM   #3
trayson
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Not that I'm wanting to get flamed to death here, but how does the banks compare to the Borla.

When my header broke on my Jeep, I ended up getting the Borla header (with a million mile warranty).

When I did the research on headers upon mine breaking, I don't even remember that Banks was manufacturing one.

Anyway, if Banks is that much better than Borla, cool. But for what it's worth... I've had absolutely no problems with my Borla since i've put it in.
trayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
gtflyer

no dissin the borla,but the Banks is been the overwhelming favorite here and the other forums since its introduction a few months back.it has a thicker head and collector flange,it is welded both inside and out,and it is machined completely flat on the head flange.The Borla does not have any of these improvements incorporated into their header.if you look at both side by side (and I have) the Banks is clearly a nicer and cleaner looking piece.
Unread 05-15-2003, 03:50 PM   #5
jisl

Thanks, now how about the price of each type and the best place to purchase?
Sahara Jeep Club Member #2
94 YJ Sahara
Soft top and Safari
31" BFG AT
4.0 HO 6cyl.
DD
jisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2003, 04:18 PM   #6
trayson
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, I just looked on Quadratec.com and the Borla was $390 and the Banks was $400. I don't know if those are prices that are common everywhere.

I looked on 4wheelparts.com, and didn't find the item. I know that 4 wheel parts offers free shipping... (I've also heard that if you buy from quadratec, you'll get better service and you can sometimes get them to match the free shipping.

Well, it sounds like Banks didn't exist when I got my header replaced. For only $10 more, I'd do Banks based on the comments from "gtflyer".

Good luck. I'd search around the internet and see what kind of prices you can get.
Unread 05-15-2003, 05:10 PM   #7
gtflyer

look around for pricing.from what i have found both the Banks and Borla will be right around the same price.Quadratec probably has the best inventory and will price match other places I believe.I know you can get the Banks at: www.quadratec.com , www.4wd.com , www.thinkjeep.com , www.rubiconusa.com , www.ok4wd.com etc....Basically all the major jeep parts places are now carrying the Banks systems.definately the best one IMO..a ton of people over at JU.com are talking about the Banks stuff and everyone has been as thrilled with the quality and fit as I have...good luck & let us know

Oh,I do think 4wheel parts does carry them.I have seen other Banks stuff there before.Maybe you need to call them or something.
Unread 05-16-2003, 01:09 AM   #8
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

Go banks

Borla has way to much money ..........Use your head.....Borla has way more Bucks than BANKS..........Jeep people take care of each other.
ScotZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2003, 07:27 AM   #9
gtflyer

actually it is not about the money,only about the fact the Banks is a better product.personally,If Borla made a better product than the Banks I would have gone that route,but the Banks rocks!
Unread 05-16-2003, 10:11 AM   #10
trayson
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by gtflyer
actually it is not about the money,only about the fact the Banks is a better product.personally,If Borla made a better product than the Banks I would have gone that route,but the Banks rocks!
Hey I 2nd that. Like I said, I have the Borla and it was the best product made when I needed it. However, based on what I've heard about the Banks, I would have got it if it was available back then.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.