CPS (Crank Position Sensor) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > CPS (Crank Position Sensor)

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.com

Unread 08-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
pwrbtr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

CPS (Crank Position Sensor)

Started having problems with my 94 4.0L (auto) cutting out on occasion and completely died once.

Did a search on the forum and read many, many threads and posts. Most indicated to look at the CPS as the culprit.

Thank You! For those posters that took the time to give their advice to all the thread starters "asking for assistance".

I pulled the sensor, performed the test in the manual and it failed the test. Replaced the sensor and fixed the problem.

What I did notice about probably a majority of threads, the OP never came back to say what fixed their problem or to say Thank You for the help.

Again, I just want to say Thank You to all the members here that give their advice., even though it wasn't given to me directly.

Last edited by pwrbtr; 08-23-2008 at 07:08 AM..
pwrbtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 04:55 AM   #2
NJeepyj91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Now, this is what I am talking about. Nice to hear a problem was resolved by the good advice and knowledge of our members. It is great to see putting paid on a thread. Thank you for posting your result.

91 4.0 stick. Posi Lok, Borla, 31s on steelies, Dem Bonz Shackles and lots of other junk on my junk.
NJeepyj91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.