cps - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > cps

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippiGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 03-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #16
w212warren
1989 YJ Wrangler 

i unhooked the line to the carb to check the fuel and it barley shot out when cranking the engine. so thats when i ordered a new pump

w212warren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #17
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w212warren View Post
i unhooked the line to the carb to check the fuel and it barley shot out when cranking the engine. so thats when i ordered a new pump
check your oil. I remeber reading that faulty mechanical pumps can be a source of gas in your oil. It(oil) will smell like gas and turn black. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Unread 03-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #18
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

A bad mechanical fuel pump could leak in the engine. This not always the case but just check the oil for a gas smell to confirm this or not. You are getting the fuel injection and carbed engines confused. They are two different beast. Also if I was you I would look into the "nutter bypass" to make it simpler to work on and better performance from your engine. Now if you have problems to keep the engine to idle right then you will need to clean out the idle circuit in the carb they get clogged easily.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #19
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
A bad mechanical fuel pump could leak in the engine. This not always the case but just check the oil for a gas smell to confirm this or not. You are getting the fuel injection and carbed engines confused. They are two different beast. Also if I was you I would look into the "nutter bypass" to make it simpler to work on and better performance from your engine. Now if you have problems to keep the engine to idle right then you will need to clean out the idle circuit in the carb they get clogged easily.
idle circuit, is that the venturi tubes? Sorry, just been a while since I had my carter bbd
Unread 03-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #20
w212warren
1989 YJ Wrangler 

thanks everyone for hte information, appreciate it alot. i will have to check my oil!
Unread 03-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #21
w212warren
1989 YJ Wrangler 

now i have no fuel to the combustion chamber help!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.