covering up those off road scratches - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > covering up those off road scratches

Clayton Off Road WJ Skid Plate TestingIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!

Unread 10-19-2001, 11:59 PM   #1
sturgman

covering up those off road scratches

Hey boys...My jeep's gettin pretty banged up dirt roading being sratched buy branches,sometimes the whole side of the tree!!ha,ha I'm looking for some ideas on covering up the scratches with some sort of product out there..""IF IT AINT A JEEP IT IS'NT WORTH BUYING"" keep waveing..sturgman

sturgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2001, 07:03 PM   #2
4-low

best thing to do is to prevent it in the first place,

I use just a regular car polish/wax, but my buddy uses turtle wax hard shell, and i've got minor scratch prints in my jeep <it's black>
but my buddy, after a good scratching, he just buff's 'em out with his sleeve.....I'm going to use hard shell for next season <make sure it has carnuba wax in it>

put a couple coats on.....and do your best to avoid trees

anyway, hope that helps....
4-low is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2001, 07:52 AM   #3
Atropine
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You mean to tell me you dont like the natural pinstriping? There is this product that you can buy through Quadratec (part #11169.3xx ) they are magnetic sheets that go on your body. They are expensive as hell, but I don't think it would be that hard to make. They look kinda funny, but it also saves your paint. Just a suggestion...
04' Dodge Ram

"Jeep mechanic wanted: must be able to put square peg in round hole"
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.