Courtesy lights out??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Courtesy lights out???

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-13-2001, 09:25 PM   #1
12345Michael

Courtesy lights out???

'94 YJ Hard Top
Interior courtesy lights are dead.
One was working. I replaced bulb in other and, I think, shorted out the socket temporarily. No short now.
Checked all fuses: good.
All fuses have voltage on both sides.
No voltage on pin switch at driver's door.
Also, heater blower is dead.
Wirering diagram in Manual is useless!!!

Any ideas?
Thanks

Michael

12345Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2001, 11:02 AM   #2
4-low

Hi!,
check your wiring diagram for where the wires run and such, and check the harnessess, last winter I lost my brake lights......not the spare tire one though...and i had no idea what the hell to do,,...after any hours in the bloody cold, I discovered that in one harness under the dash above the brake pedal, a wire had popped out....put it back in the harness, and hot glued the bastard in <not the best fix, but it's worked>......i've also found with other problems with electrical in other cars to check the harnessess for loose wires...
hope this helps.
MMMMMMIKE
4-low is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2001, 08:41 PM   #3
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

What's a courtesy light? Mine hasn't worked in the 10 years I've had my yj. Just keep a flashlight or two handy!
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2001, 07:53 PM   #4
my litte red yj

yea my dome lite wont work i checked fuses all were good the wire to the lite under the dash is dead no power????
my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.