Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Couple build up questions?

410 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  KMyers 
#1 ·
First off what is the largest gear i can run in a D35 axel along with the super 35 kit? And what are the pro's and con's of SOA lift! I have a 90 model with a 2.5L if that info is needed? I want to run 35's and 5.13 gears!

#2 ·
4.88's are the max in the d35 and d30. thats my dilemma when i go to regear, im pretty much in the same position as you are. im running 33's now with the 2.5L, and i hear 4.88's are great for 33's, and still do good for 35's. but id really like to do 5.13's just like you said. the only way to do that is new axles front and rear (like d44's out of a wagoneer or something along that line). i was thinking of that, but realized the front end would be a major PITA as far as steering, etc, would go. im probably going to get an 8.8 rear in the future for my jeep, and just do 4.88's. i just cant see justice in putting money into my d35.

#3 ·
Yeah that sucks! But one thing i have found out is unless you just happen to get a good deal on a axel it will cost about the same if you were to buy a super 35 kit or just put a new axel in! Cuz the super 35 kit comes basicly with the same axels as a D44 and you get a new carrier and a locker with it! If you buy a D44 or a 8.8 then you have to regear and buy lockers and the cost of the axel it's self you could just keep the D35 and not have to swap all the crap over to the new one? You can find deals online for the super 35 kit! About 749$ but you have to shop around and look for specials! Plus im going to weld in a truss on the top to keep the housing from tweaking around. That kit has been proven to out last a stock D44 so...But i just dont think 4.88's will cut it with 35's???Not with that guttless 2.5L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.