Cost of getting an A/C installed? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cost of getting an A/C installed?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-08-2001, 06:47 PM   #1
JeepGirl27

Cost of getting an A/C installed?

I see that a few of you have been discussing aftermarket A/C's. I am curious to know if anyone has an idea of how much it would cost to have an aftermarket A/C installed, and what the best type of place to go to get it installed would be -- I know a dealer would probably be a bad idea, right? It's not really something I would even consider attempting myself.

Thanks!

JeepGirl

JeepGirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2001, 07:25 PM   #2
OhYeah

Hey Jeep girl, Mine actually came with an aftermarket A/C unit in it. The dealerships actually have a vendor who comes and puts those A/C's in so call the Jeep service dept. and ask them who does there A/C units for them. Or you can try just calling some local air conditioning places out of the phone book and one of them can probably at least point you in the right direction.

Good Luck

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2001, 08:00 PM   #3
JeepGirl27

Thanks a lot! I will do that. I appreciate your info!

JeepGirl
Unread 10-08-2001, 09:15 PM   #4
walt2810

My 1995 Sahara was ordered w/o AC by the original buyer. I was lucky enuff to pick up the order after he cancelled, I wanted AC. Dealer installed AC for $1000, which was more expensive than the option ($950). Good luck..
walt2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2001, 11:14 PM   #5
jeffy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You can order A/C aftermarket kits that look exactly like the tacked on, OEM one's. They cost anywhere from $600-1000 for the kits. Then you have to have them charged. There was a article in 4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility a few months back.
Unread 10-09-2001, 02:02 PM   #6
Atropine
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeeps come with the least expensive AC of all, just take your top off! (no pun intended)
04' Dodge Ram

"Jeep mechanic wanted: must be able to put square peg in round hole"
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2001, 06:25 PM   #7
JeepGirl27

Ha! I like that one... I plan to keep the top off as much as possible, but sheesh it can get hot here in the summer!

Thank you everyone for the info! I love reading the posts here -- you guys know your stuff!

JeepGirl27
Unread 10-12-2001, 07:27 AM   #8
gpers

Hi,
It cost me $1200.00 to get A/C installed by a company that does all the local Jeep aftermarket work here. It works great and I have loved having it! It gets pretty hot here in the summer and I have been very pleased since I have had it.
Greg
Unread 10-13-2001, 09:38 AM   #9
LNDSRK

I have to agree... The best AC is just take the top off. If the suns a little hot remove the doors, windows, and roll the back up. Or go out and by a bikini top.

Uh no pun intended on any of the above comments...

[url=http://www.novajeepers.com]Northern Virginia Jeepers Association[/url]
LNDSRK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.