Corbeau seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Corbeau seats

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
jvallery
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Corbeau seats

Hi Folks,

I'm shopping for new seats for the front of my project YJ. I've got Bestop seats that I bought about 3 or 4 years ago. They are okay but not really what I'm looking for. I'm thinking about upgrading to one of the offroad Corbeau seats like the Baja SS.

When I got the Bestop seats I went the whole way and got the Bestop sliders and risers as well. If I opt to go for a Corbeau seat do I need to do anything to mount those on my existing sliders?

One complaint I have about my existing seats is that I ride very high compared to the factory seats I had before. It puts my knees up into the wheel since I'm a fairly tall guy. Are there riser options that don't have quite so much rise?

Second question -

Assuming I go with the Baja SS does anyone have any feedback on how it holds up to inclement weather? I'm pretty good about keeping my Jeep out of the rain when I have the top off but it will inevitably get wet. The great thing about the Bestop seats that I have are that they are all vinyl so I can just wipe them off. The Corbeau seats are cloth/vinyl so I'm concerned about how the moisture will impact them.

Thanks
-JV

jvallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
WoodyHD
1983 CJ7 

Cj risers are same as yj, so I think I can help you. Not sure about the bestop risers though. If you go with those seats you're gonna sit about 2" or so higher than stock seat on stock riser. You could always make your own risers if you have any welding experience. Funny you talk about weather. I just drove home through a downpour with bikini on. Seats were soaked, but they dry quick (vinyl). I noticed that there was some rust color coming from some of the screws on the side of the seat. There is also some on the bottom where they were scratched a little from the spacers used to fit the slider. Nothing major, but the seats are also only 5 months old. You don't have to get them in cloth/vinyl, they also sell them full vinyl. I have Baja RS, basically same seats only with reclining.
WoodyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have Baja RS also black vinyl only, no cloth. I just wipe them out with a towel. As stated above they do sit an inch or two higher. Mine are only a few months old and I havn't really broken them in yet so I can't say how well they'll hold up.

93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up.
Leans93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
I have Baja RS also black vinyl only, no cloth. I just wipe them out with a towel. As stated above they do sit an inch or two higher. Mine are only a few months old and I haven't really broken them in yet so I can't say how well they'll hold up.
did your Corbeau Baja RS seats come with mounting brackets, or did you have to buy/order those separately?

if so, then do the mounting brackets attach to the existing stock OEM brackets? or do they replace them?

any pics?
hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

The seats fit directly onto the YJ seat risers. No brackets or anything extra is needed. Just the seats and direct bolt in to the YJ.

93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up.
Leans93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.