Coolant leak - Hope someone has some insight - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Coolant leak - Hope someone has some insight

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 02-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #16
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject View Post
While you're right there, you may want to check the condition of your fan clutch and replace that if it's wobbly. 4 bolts and you're home free. As long as you're in the neighborhood .......
Got four bolts to the fan blades then four nuts holding the clutch

Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirkley View Post
Hey everyone,

I got a coolant leak on my 93 YJ 2.5 the other day and it was a pretty fast leak.

After leaving it alone a few days most of the coolant was gone and when I checked under it looked like the leak was out of the lower radiator hose.

I removed the old one and didn't find much wear or any cracks. I replaced it anyway.

I recently replaced the upper radiator hose and the heater hose as well because those had cracked.

Anyway,

Besides those three hoses I don't know where else to look. Anyone have insight? It drips from the front of the oil pan right next to the belt and the top end doesn't appear to be damp at all.

Here are some pictures. Hopefully I explained it well enough. Maybe the water pump or something?
Just make sure you salvage the bolts that are on the water pump not the mounting bolts the ones that has nothing but threads that you bolt the fan clutch to my water pump didn't come with any
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 01:44 AM   #18
dkirkley
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I read that it's highly recommended to replace the fan clutch while i do the pump. $25 for the pump and $35 for the fan clutch. All in all won't be too bad but I have to do it Thursday on payday. I'm stuck on my bike right now and really missing my jeep. Except enjoying not paying for such high gas prices lately
dkirkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #19
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

when you get your new pump they make a kit for the studs. Much easier to just buy the new ones then try and get the old ones out

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.