Coolant flow direction question in 4.0 I6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Coolant flow direction question in 4.0 I6

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

Unread 08-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
PFCLinscomb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Coolant flow direction question in 4.0 I6

At the T-stat housing dose the coolant flow into the big hose to the water jacket and out the little hose to the water pump then into the bottom of the radiator?

Feel free to tell me if im totally wrong, the reason i ask is because my I6 is new and does not have a Temp sending unit hole taped in the back of the block for the gauge. So i want to tap a hole in the T-stat housing for the gauge Temp sending unit and put the ECU Temp sending unit back in its place.

Also dose anyone think it will be a problem if i tapped a 1/8 hole for the sender right here? Because i was thinking about doing it in the spot where the big hose mates up the the housing so i was lookin for some input.

Times you kick yourself in your own ***: When that stupid Private wakes the whole platoon up by running through the bay screaming "Reveille,Reveille,Reveille!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And your like "Who the hell put that guy on last fire guard" and then you realize.... You did -.-
PFCLinscomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.