Congradulations to the Sept. 2008 YJ of the Month contest winner!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Congradulations to the Sept. 2008 YJ of the Month contest winner!!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #16
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I spoke with Rusty about it, and he seems to be cool with the idea, so here goes.

For the winner we have in this contest each month, I'll give you a complete set of the boomerang shackles I make, free of charge, no strings attached, you just pay shipping ($10).
If you are not familiar with them, they are laser cut from 3GA (1/4") steel (usually AR400 armor plate) and come unfinished. If you have any questions about them just ask (via PM).
I was just going to do it for 1" since I have a couple extra sets from mild steel here, but after thinking for a moment, why not offer either the 3/4" or the 1" ones.
Now, if you only want one pair, that's fine. Shipping would only be $5.
However, just to keep things easy on me, I'd rather not send you one pair and your buddy the other pair. Not meaning to be mean here, I just like to keep things simple.
Or you could just pass on the offer.

Granted, I'm not saying I will be able to keep doing this 'til end of days and trumpets sound and so on and so forth. But we'll see how things go.

So, 93jeepREDSOX, which ones do you want?

Rusty: please feel free to link this post to any official postings on the matter so that others know what is in store.

EDIT:
I'm aware that alot of people have already paid for some pretty beefy and nice shackles. So, being the self appointed prize sponsor of the contest here () I have something to offer you as well.
You can search my post history and find a thread I started about some "YJ Logo Badges". Well, if you don't want/need any shackles, then a pair of those will just have to do.
Maybe I'll come up with something specifically for this contest. A one-off YJ specific keychain laser cut from stainless steel, or a mirror hanger doo-hickey, or something.
Maybe even Rusty could start a thread about that.

DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.

Last edited by Brandon_YJ; 09-06-2008 at 10:28 PM..
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #17
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

How would i send you the money, i do not have pay pal. if we did figure this out i would like the 3/4" shackles.

Also i think that it is really cool that you would do that, not just for me but for other future winners.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #18
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX View Post
How would i send you the money, i do not have pay pal. if we did figure this out i would like the 3/4" shackles.

Also i think that it is really cool that you would do that, not just for me but for other future winners.
Well, if you have an envelope and a $10 bill then I'll give you my address.
If 3/4" is what you want, then 3/4" is what you'll get bubba!
If you need me to modify these in any way before I send them to you (larger bolt holes for instance) let me know and I'll just cut you a new pair. Currently they have 1/2" holes in them... but something tells me you already know that.
If you have any questions about them let me know and I'll answer them before the transaction is finalized.
No need for me to wait to get the shipping reimbursement from you, I'll send them out Monday if you want them and just hold you to your word.

It's just my way of giving back. When I first started making them they really took off, I have this forum to thank for that, so the least I could do is offer a little something in return. And I'll keep it up as long as I can. But sometimes I just run out of material/resources, like lately where I went a few weeks without being able to make any... but anyhow. If you want them, speak up, they are yours. Congradulations!!
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.

Last edited by Brandon_YJ; 09-06-2008 at 10:59 PM..
Unread 09-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #19
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, pm me your address and i will send you mine.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #20
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Private Message sent.
I'll pack them and ship them tomorrow, with any luck you will get them by Wednesday.
Unread 09-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #21
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I voted for you as well, curious though how does one get in on this contest, and what are the rules?

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #22
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Down View Post
I voted for you as well, curious though how does one get in on this contest, and what are the rules?
Here is the link regarding the rules. Some are going to change regarding stock and built rigs. This month was a test run.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rules-wrangler-yj-month-contest-598319/

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.