confused...bout tire size fitting with 33 and small lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > confused...bout tire size fitting with 33 and small lift

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
bcameron1974

confused...bout tire size fitting with 33 and small lift

i have a 90 yj sahara it has 1 1/2 shackle lift plus 1 inch body...I have a set of 33s that im goin put on there before i get my lift...Ive seen there has been a few on here do this..will these fit with normal driving till get lift...wont be offroading till lift...looks like i got room...thats 2 1/2 total inches for 33x15x12.50

bcameron1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #2
zfender14
1995 YJ Wrangler 

They will fit, but take it slow over over speed bumps

1998 XJ 4.0 | Automatic | 2" lift (unknown brand) | 31x10.5 MT
zfender14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
jgillespie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

if you drive on a runway the entire time before your lift, then you will be fine. curvy and roads with leaning turns will probably put you close to rubbing. speed bumps as mentioned will make you rub. pulling into your driveway will probably be touchy

Originally posted by Crazyquadder:
Quote:
a 6 foot puddle is approx half way up my doors
jgillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgillespie View Post
if you drive on a runway the entire time before your lift, then you will be fine. curvy and roads with leaning turns will probably put you close to rubbing. speed bumps as mentioned will make you rub. pulling into your driveway will probably be touchy
I agree.

This is the wife's YJ, "pre-SOA" with 33X12.50's on it. It was like this when we got it & it had stock saggy springs with AAL's on, no body lift, and 1" shackles. It rubbed the flares on small dips in the pavement that you couldn't even see!

BTW, that's our daughter then, and here she is now! They've BOTH grown a lot!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Cute kid. Hey Max what's the black stripe on the door and body? Is that a decal?
Unread 05-13-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
Goobersbro

hey max...... Buy some freaken bigger tires!!!!! those 33s are driving me nuts lol hurry up and wear down lil tires
Unread 05-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

I ran 31's on stock saggy springs and rubbed on the fenders with any bit of flex... So, with 2.5" of lift, you should be able to clear the 33's, but you'll end up rubbing on flex (you should be fine for mostly street driving, speed bumps, etc).

I've been thinking about bumping to 33's on mine now with my 2.5" RC lift and 1" shackles... Just, haven't bit the bullet yet since I've got 3.07's.......
Unread 05-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #8
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerman View Post
Cute kid. Hey Max what's the black stripe on the door and body? Is that a decal?
It was. As you can see in the 2nd pic, it has come off. It was on there when we got it, and I've pulled all 4 off after the first 2 came off on their own. It was some kind of "Grip Tape" like the stuff you put on the floor for traction. I've never seen them before, either on a Jeep or for sale, but they were cut very precise & followed the door & tub body lines perfectly. I didn't care for them, but somebody went to some trouble to put them on, they were very well aligned.

Max

Quote:
Quote:
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Unread 05-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #9
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
hey max...... Buy some freaken bigger tires!!!!! those 33s are driving me nuts lol hurry up and wear down lil tires
I know, I know!

It's linda hard right now though, I'm like everybody (most everybody) else & times are tight right now. On top of that I've had some poor luck with our 3 Heeps! First my AX-15 syncros went TOTALLY out, so I've been working (here & there) on that, so I was commuting 60 miles a day in her YJ and then it crapped out. I think it blew reverse gear in her AX-15! I guess I'm going to get good at those eventually..... Then I was down to just the '99 WJ, and last Friday the A/C went out on it!

WTF?

Apparently, I have my Great-Grandfather's luck. He used to say that he could "fall into a barrel of boobs & come out sucking his thumb."

Max

Quote:
Quote:

Unread 05-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #10
Goobersbro

thats funny well you should be quite good at working on those by the time your done

too bad your going to have to burn your nose hairs out after being around all that gear oil
Unread 05-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
too bad your going to have to burn your nose hairs out after being around all that gear oil
Nope, the nose hair (and I have more than I'd prefer to have) is safe.

Nothing but 10W-30 in my AX-15's.

Although I really don't mind the smell of gear lube.

Max

Quote:
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.