Condensation above Vents inside Windshield - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Condensation above Vents inside Windshield

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
SpideYJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Condensation above Vents inside Windshield

I must have a seal that needs to be replaced but it seems as if my selector lever is in the "off" position, I am still getting positive pressure into the passenger cabin through the defrost/heat vents at the top of the dashpad. If it's cold outside, it will start to fog up and it does smell faintly of coolant, leading me to believe that the heater box is involved.
Ideas of what can be checked without tearing down the dash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJake View Post
My YJ is so excited it's leaking oil!
SpideYJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
casperbrown
1993 XJ Cherokee 

definately sounds like the heater core, check it now before it fails completely on you and your left hanging.
casperbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
casperbrown
1993 XJ Cherokee 

plus once the heater core does completley fail they have a habit of leaking anyfreeze/coolant into the interior and that smell is sooooooooo difficult to get out once its in there. so check it out b4 its to late
casperbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
SpideYJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJake View Post
My YJ is so excited it's leaking oil!
SpideYJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.