Compression and Droop Talk - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Compression and Droop Talk

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 01-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #16
flipit
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Dre, are you saying you pulled your springs and put in a main leaf only and then flexed it?

can you give some more insight and details?
I don't totally get what you did nor why you did it,
but I have my front springs sitting in the garage, I'll definitely undo them to check some flex.

Project #1- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/5-0-yj-right-way-1799609/
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #17
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have a spare set of springs same lift as what I have on my rig. When I swapped in my 8.8 and fab up my own gas tank skid I wanted to check to make sure the notch I put it skid would be enough to clear the 8.8. So I put the main spring in with a block that made up for the missing springs and I raised it up and also tested droop.
Dre40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #18
flipit
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Oh, I like that. Probably be a while before I have a lifted spare, but yeah, one sorting has a lot lower rate, you could probably get full compression just by putting some weight on the back end

posted this from my phone
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #19
flipit
1993 YJ Wrangler 

alright, so I'm still not ready for droop, nor will I be for a while, but I did check for basic compression,
I just put a plate over the gas tank and loaded it with ~1500 pounds,
the ratchet strap idea was working alright, but it just "feels" a bit more "sketchy"
I took some measurements for my drive line, but it'll have to be adjusted some in the near future, so i'll probably do it a second time then.
the full compression is definitely good for gas tank clearance, but you need a few inches of stretch for that to ever become a problem,
but my main thing I'm thinking, is if I fully compress and droop the pumpkin, take the max and min angle, and split the middle as my perch angle,
then that might limit my axle wrap. I know everyone is all about track bars and such, but let's be honest, I'd rather do things the wrong way as always.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.