Completed External Slave Swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Completed External Slave Swap

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
rbn1357

Completed External Slave Swap

I can't believe it is finally done! I have wanted to do this for a long time and finally had the chance to do the upgrade. My tranny went out so while it was down I ordered some parts and now I have a external slave. BTW i have a 1993 2.5L.

Parts Needed: I used all 94/95 parts. They are the same.

94-00? Bellhousing
Hydraulic Clutch assembly
Release lever (i called it the fork)
Release bearing
Spring Clip
Pivot ball

Assembly

It is pretty straight forward. The release bearing clips on to the fork. The fork is held on one end to the pivot ball with the spring clip.

Cost/ Part numbers

$20 Bellhousing #?
$186 Clutch assembly 52104113
$<20 Fork 52107555
$3 Spring Clip 4338855

With all the miscelaneous it was around $240 for the upgrade.

Note: I had to remove the plastic spacer that came on the slave unit. The throw was not far enough with it on (clutch not disengaging enough). I removed it and used some washers. I am currently using two. This half the thickness of the spacer. I will remove one more washer to see if that help a touch more.

Also there is no need to order a new bearing retainer for the ax5 swap. That is only needed on the ax15. I confused myself and ordered the plate. I will send it back though.

rbn1357 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.