Command Trac Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Command Trac Problem

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 05-07-2001, 04:02 PM   #1
mike byrd

Command Trac Problem

The vacume motor on my front axle works. I replaced the vacume switch on the transfer case. The vacume hoses (plastic were tore up and modified) have been replaced. I guess I hooked 'em up wrong. Where do the hoses hook to the switch????? I can't find a schematic ANYWHERE!!!!!!!

Unread 05-07-2001, 11:16 PM   #2
jpwranglr9

i took out my disconects but if i rember right, the hoses that goes to the trasnfer case only goes in one way. then the other end just goes the the vacume disconect on the axle. run the motor so that there is vacume in one of the 2 hoses to the axle. make sure u are in 2 wheel drive. then conect the side with the vacume to the pas side inlet and the one without to the driver side. you are shifting the sleeve to the left (driver side) when in 4x4. then pull the shifter into 4 wheel and see if your ingagement light turns on. hope that helps
1995 YJ ,SOA with 4" procomp front 3.5" BDS rear 1" shackle rear, custom stearing, 35x12.50x15 pro-comp MTs, warn xd9000i, on-board air from A/C, dana 44 rear and 30 front with 4.56, powertrax no-spin rear, custom disks rear/trutrac front, warn front shafts, HD SYE kit, HD front and rear driveshafts, Warn 4X flairs, PIAA 520 ligts and on and on and on :)
jpwranglr9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2001, 05:18 PM   #3
jeepster
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I also replaced the hoses on my 89YJ. I tried to replace each hose individually with no luck. Purchased a replacement hose kit from the dealer and all works well. As stated by jpwranglr9, with the replacement kit it only attaches one way.
Tip.
Put the plastic lines inside a rubber hose. The plastic hose can be distroyed by battery acid that can leak out when you are off roading.
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.