Columbus Ohio Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Columbus Ohio Help

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
DDove
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Columbus Ohio Help

A little off topic, sorry but I just want to offer my help to anyone who needs it. I have most tools and a heated garage. Nothing better then working on jeeps maybe a few beers and just hanging out. I have no friends with jeeps so I though this would be a good way of meeting some new people. Also just wanted to thank everyone on this site the tips and "stuff" I have learned is great.

DDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The best way I've met local Jeepers is I live in a kind of often driven through area so when I wrench on it outside in the cold people pull up and just talk about Jeepin.

Although I would kill for a heated garage.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You know? You might have come upon something. How about a thread that help Jeepers mayby know others in thier area.. Personally I would not mind knowing others in my Bonita Springs, Florida area.

Rusty, Can you put something together?
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Years back HD had a system where people would post their name and city etc. so that if I was out of state riding I could call someone one the list if I broke down. It was also a way for people to meet up for riding locally. I personally do not do much off road due to being afraid of breaking down and not having a trail buddy.

How about a trail buddy thread with a location search engine for other Jeepers and Yjers to know who is in thier area. If I want to go to Tennasee I could use it to hook up with others in that area, or in my local area.
Unread 01-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

ill come over wearing my maize and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Wouldn't this area of our forum be somewhat the same thing that is being discussed here: Wheelin' Neighborhood

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
Wouldn't this area of our forum be somewhat the same thing that is being discussed here: Wheelin' Neighborhood
Well I'll be. I did look at it but to tell the truth it is a little broad. At least for what I was talking about. Anyway, thank you.

I was thinking of a Forum thread with a search sort of like craiglist where you can pinpoint your location to meet others that would like to share help and riding. What do you think?

Who elso would like to see this?
Unread 01-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy View Post
Well I'll be. I did look at it but to tell the truth it is a little broad. At least for what I was talking about. Anyway, thank you.

I was thinking of a Forum thread with a search sort of like craiglist where you can pinpoint your location to meet others that would like to share help and riding. What do you think?

Who elso would like to see this?
Having a separate database search like that will suck up alot of time and space from the servers. I can look into it but unless someone comes up with an outside source for that, I don't think it will happen.

I will ask the powers that be about it though.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Rusty. What more could we ask for.
Unread 01-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #10
Aalbury
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You have tools and a heated Garage. I have a jeep and a 4" lift kit on the floor of my shed. I also live in columbus. I think we may be on to something here!

Edit: Never met a can of beer I didn't like
KD8NKV
Aalbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I hate to admitt anyone from the Scarlet and Gray state could come up with a better idea than the Blue and Gold but the community here is prety tight and having a quick way to link to people here through location is a great idea. I am a little light on the lgistics but it is a great idea! Jeepinmichguy I see your down in Florida. I hear your getting a little taste of what you left behind in Michigan down there!
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #12
472cid
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great idea, I am in Celina, Ohio with a heated garage as long as you buy fuel for the heater. I have a great selection of tools, welder, and a torch.
1997 Jeep Wrangler 5.0 ho gt40p motor w/ e303 cam, ax15 trans. 241j rock trac transfer case from 05 rubicon. 05 front rubicon 44 with yukon chromoly shafts and rear rubicon dana 44 and rubicon rims with 33x11.50x16 mtrs
472cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
DDove
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like we may have something here. The bad: I have to go to work tonight and may be gone as long as 2 weeks. I travel the mid-west and southwest including california alot of times I may be able to help people get parts or what ever they may need. I look forward to meeting some of the other Buckeyes. I will try to check this site while on the road. Until next time have a good week. Dave
DDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #14
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
I hate to admitt anyone from the Scarlet and Gray state could come up with a better idea than the Blue and Gold but the community here is prety tight and having a quick way to link to people here through location is a great idea. I am a little light on the lgistics but it is a great idea! Jeepinmichguy I see your down in Florida. I hear your getting a little taste of what you left behind in Michigan down there!
Yep you know it. Yesterday I had to winterize the water system on my trucks.

This cold may devistate crops.

So what do you think of the idea. Those that want in the forum can list a city and state and are open to meeting other Jeep or YJ people for wheeling or wrenching??? Or say you are in my area and broke down or would like to get wheeling advice you have a contact. ???
Unread 01-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #15
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
Having a separate database search like that will suck up alot of time and space from the servers. I can look into it but unless someone comes up with an outside source for that, I don't think it will happen.

I will ask the powers that be about it though.
Maybe make it a Premium membership thing and but put a search every minute or two to help with strain?

I'd buy a membership for that reason.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.