Cold Starting Check Engine light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cold Starting Check Engine light

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 02-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
woody59
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cold Starting Check Engine light

I looked through a lot of the threads and think I have this nailed down but wanted to make sure. I have a '93 4 cylinder that is normally really faithful, even in cold weather. This Ohio winter has been rough and now I have to wait for the check engine light to turn on before starting. Once it comes on (sometimes over 5 min) it starts right up. Also, not sure if this is related but my gas mileage went south as well.

I checked all the spark plugs and everything looked good.

New fuel filter but no help.

Was thinking it might be the CPU??

Well, after doing more research, I'm going to try replacing the capacitors in the PCM. Hopefully this takes care of it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/fixing-lazy-pcm-new-caps-writeup-501951/

Last edited by woody59; 02-24-2008 at 09:45 AM..
woody59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.