coil spring conversion? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > coil spring conversion?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-24-2004, 09:18 PM   #1
saharajeepn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

coil spring conversion?

I putting 60's front & rear and going to change to a long arm & coils.I dont know what size lift coils to use. I want to run 40 to 42's.

Unread 07-25-2004, 01:24 AM   #2
Big Pappa

Have you considered running coils on the rear, and leafs on the front? It would be a little stronger, not to mention easier... But then again you might not be a lazy a$$ like me. HA HA
91 YJ (180,000 miles) 4.0 I6, 2" Rancho Add-A-Leaf lift, 2" Body lift , 1-3/4" Shackle lift, 33x12.50x15 BFG Mud Terrain, Hedman Hedders, Custom front and rear bumper w/ swing-away tire carrier, Custom rocker guards w/ rock rails, [B]FULL ROLL CAGE[/B] Warn XD9000i winch, Hi Lift Jack and other goodies!

It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear!

[COLOR=red]A.K.A. BIG SEXY [/COLOR]
Big Pappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2004, 05:20 AM   #3
saharajeepn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

First of all this is another project of mine its a 90 yj. I'm putting a tpi 350,700r4 in it. I like the flex & ride of coils plus I've got friends
that help a lot with the fab work. I had 88 yj with a springover & half ton running gear. I bent several sets of springs
Unread 07-25-2004, 11:10 AM   #4
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

For my buddie's YJ we did a custom long-arm 4-link in the rear of his Jeep. He runs a twin-propane tank where the seat used to be. It weighs a ton!

We originally set it up to run XJ front coils, but they sagged out from the weight too quickly. We have since converted the rear coils to stock F150 front coils, and so far they are holding up to the weight well.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.