coil spring conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > coil spring conversion

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-19-2001, 08:30 PM   #1
Can.Jeep87

coil spring conversion

Looking for tips,hints,suggestions on doing a coil spring conv on 87YJ. I am not buying a kit!!Metal fab is not a problem.

Can.Jeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2001, 07:08 AM   #2
jpwranglr9

!!!IF YOU USE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING, I CAN'T BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY INJERIES OR DEATH THAT MAY RESULT FOR THIS!!!

In the rear you can use stock cherokee coils. use 4 spring purches from Lane automotive and weld them on the axle and the frame. the fab a LCA from the old forward spring hanger back to the rear under the axle. IF you make these with adjustable hyme joints you can adjust the pinion angle and axle positions later. The UCA is a little hader. Make a controle arm run from inside the framerail to some point on the axle. IF you have a 9" then you can weld to the center section, if not then make a bracket off the tube to stay as close to the center as possable. maby right at the end of the tube to the center section on each side. thats all you need...it will be about 7" of lift...so a SOA in front with 2.5 lift springs will work to leavel it. this is what a bud of mine did.
1995 YJ ,SOA with 4" procomp front 3.5" BDS rear 1" shackle rear, custom stearing, 35x12.50x15 pro-comp MTs, warn xd9000i, on-board air from A/C, dana 44 rear and 30 front with 4.56, powertrax no-spin rear, custom disks rear/trutrac front, warn front shafts, HD SYE kit, HD front and rear driveshafts, Warn 4X flairs, PIAA 520 ligts and on and on and on :)
jpwranglr9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.