Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Coil Conversion Opinions?

530 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  02JEEP 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 91 YJ with the Pro Comp 5" Coil Conversion on it. Granted, I am going to sell it or part it out but was just wondering what you guys thought about it? Since I will eventually want to build my own Jeep out of the misc. ones I come across to part should I just hang on to this for myself? The frame has zero rust on it and in excellent shape. I looked up the kit and it goes for almost $1900 dollars. So I am thinking about keeping it for myself. If not what do you guys think it would be worth? The frame and suspension together? Thanks DJ

#2 ·
Honestly.....

If I had a stock YJ & you gave that kit to me including paying some poor soul to put it on, or, if you paid me several $1,000's to put it on my Jeep, I would have to decline.

Every single reputable shop that I know of within several miles on me would not carry it in their inventory, or install it if a customer asked them to.

Does that sum it up?

#3 ·
Dam, tell me how you really feel? J/K That's exactly what I am looking for, Brutal honesty. I have read nothing but bad things about this kit in general and so just trying to get an idea of what to ask for it. I would love to hang on to the frame since it's so clean and rare here in the midwest but it looks like it would be more work than its worth to take the suspension off. I'm sure there's someone out there that is looking for this setup, just a matter of finding them.lol DJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.