Coil Conversion? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Coil Conversion?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-05-2002, 07:19 PM   #1
BzJeep
2001 WJ 

Coil Conversion?

Http://www.geocities.com/speedcustoms

This is a good set-up for me!

But... Would It be worth it to go to the coil conversion lift?

Also, think I could find a dana 44 axle in a car junk yard?

Thanks

[b]Green Jeep Club Member #16[/b]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/id/bzjeep[/url]
BzJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2002, 09:47 PM   #2
RodeoRob

I personally don't like the coil conversion... not worth it. If you want coils, go get a TJ. Instead do a SOA... that will give you all the flex you want. If you want your YJ to ride better, do a shackle reversal.

Yea, D44s are all over the places... fullsize jeeps, scouts, broncos, F150/250, isuzus, etc. you should have no problem locating one in a junkyard if you know what you are looking for. But there are many versions of the D44, so you'll need one that suits your application.

-Rob
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.
robgorrell@yahoo.com - website
RodeoRob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.