Code 24 and 25- 1995 not starting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Code 24 and 25- 1995 not starting

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
Prspallone
1982 CJ7 

Code 24 and 25- 1995 not starting

Hi everyone, today I drove my 1995 yj and had no problems. I just went outside to bring it in and it wont start. Lights, heat, ect. will start but it wont turn over. Ran the codes and I'm getting 12, 33, 24, 25. I know I don't have to worry about 12 and 33 but does anyone have any idea what I need to do? Thanks!

Prspallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Prspallone
1982 CJ7 

Anybody?
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

24 & 25 are the throttle position sensor and the idle air control. Disconnect both reset your battery and see if it will start.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
Prspallone
1982 CJ7 

do you think this would cause it not to start?
Unread 04-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Normally no, but it is not normal to have 2 sensor codes set at the same time. If a sensor sorts, while I am thinking about it try disconnecting the map sensor first and try it.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

How old is your battery?
Have you tried jumping it?
Unread 04-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
Prspallone
1982 CJ7 

Battery is new. I put in a new starter but still nothing. Temporarily I have a sort of push start button connected to the starter to bypass the ignition, but without that the key won't crank it. Also I have noticed my turn signal fuses keep blowing... Short?
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prspallone View Post
Battery is new. I put in a new starter but still nothing. Temporarily I have a sort of push start button connected to the starter to bypass the ignition, but without that the key won't crank it. Also I have noticed my turn signal fuses keep blowing... Short?
You likely have two different issues as I cannot see the 15A fuse (f4) blowing for the turn signals and that in any way being related to your other issue. However I am concerned that you have more than one sensor reporting back with codes (the other issue). Most all these sensors share a common power source. The most likely wire short that I can think of is the O2 sensor on the front down exhaust pipe from the exhaust manifold. Check this first as it is somewhat common to have the wiring come loose for the O2 sensor and either get entangled in the front drive shaft or melt against the exhaust. Let's troubleshoot your sensors (run ability issues) first, then move on to the turn signals if they still are present.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
Prspallone
1982 CJ7 

Also I disconnected the cables and have driven it around and I checked the codes and I'm only getting 12, 24, 33, 55 now. I don't know why 25 is gone... The O2 sensor doesn't look harmed, at least from a visual perspective.
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
Prspallone
1982 CJ7 

clarification- I disconnected the battery cables and put them back on.
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Also I disconnected the cables and have driven it around and I checked the codes and I'm only getting 12, 24, 33, 55 now. I don't know why 25 is gone... The O2 sensor doesn't look harmed, at least from a visual perspective.
Not so much the sensor, but the concern lies as to it's wiring as it leads up to the top of the engine. I am not saying this is the cause, just that this is a common issue with these rigs that should be ruled out, especially when there are multiple sensors throwing codes. Same could be said for the Crank Position Sensor wiring.
Unread 04-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #12
Prspallone
1982 CJ7 

my under dash harness looks like a rat nest from the PO, I ordered a "new" one (no splices) and I'm going to replace it. Maybe that will do something, otherwise at least I don't have wires hanging down...
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #13
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
my under dash harness looks like a rat nest from the PO, I ordered a "new" one (no splices) and I'm going to replace it. Maybe that will do something, otherwise at least I don't have wires hanging down...
My concern lies with the engine bay wiring. If you can't see any visual issues, then if you are handy with a meter, myself or others can help with checking some things out.
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #14
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaholtby View Post

My concern lies with the engine bay wiring. If you can't see any visual issues, then if you are handy with a meter, myself or others can help with checking some things out.
The last time a had a short it never stalled the jeep my tranny would kick and lose drive one night it died didnt crank back up for three days i had nothing no obd2 no nothing only thing it would do was turn the lights on and turn the engine the fuel pump would not prime it stayed on until i turned the key off my o2 sensor wires where exposed from rubbing the drive shaft it was shorting out the pcm causing the tranny to kick until it rapped around the drive shaft that poped the pcm fuse in the pdc and killed it the only reason i didnt go get a new pcm i decided to pull the pcm took it apart and tested all the circuits awhile later come to find the pcm was fine which lead me on a day and a half
of following wires from the pdc to the pcm and there to where ever the wire ended after hours of wiring diagrams and the curcuit testing later i found the emissions o2 sensor saw the wires tapped it up poped another fuse in and its ran fine since then the cps will do the same it will kill power to the distributer and it can make gauges malfuntion so the parts store said...i got that before i did all the work so it has a new cps that it didnt need and one more thing models around that year and older have been known for the pcm harnesses becoming worn and loose they will stall out some times when taking turns or when you hit a bump. it will crank back and sometimes it doesn't.wiggle the pcm harnesses when its trying to crank but will not start my 89 wouldnt crank sometimes unless i hit the purge valve on the fuel rail also let you know if i think of anything else
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #15
Prspallone
1982 CJ7 

Would you really say the engine bay wiring? My gut is telling me it has something to do with that spaghetti under my dash. Can I ask what makes you think it would be in the engine bay? Also is there anything else from a diagnostic perspective I could tell you to give you a better idea? I am still running with a push button attached to my starter to bypass the ignition switch.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.