Clutch Replacement Write up - With Pictures! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Clutch Replacement Write up - With Pictures!

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 06-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #16
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

FSM states that you shouldn't re-use the flywheel bolts.

I'll assume it's due to the large torque applied to them when originally installed.

Unread 06-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
Fernando
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you for the great writeup! this gives me courage to tackle my next clutch job! Only problem for me would be finding that clutch alignment tool, not available where I live, I may just order one and keep it for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
-------------------------------
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #18
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I thought I saw that somewhere, but almost every wright up I see appears to re-use the old one's? Does anyone know where to get replacements? Dealer?

Fernando: The Alignment tool typically comes with a new Clutch kit.

Thanks
1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #19
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I re-used mine. Lazy.... They look like specialty bolts nontheless. So I'd assume you'd need to go to the dealer or similar joint to aquire them.

I see the Mopar flywheel bolts go for like $4 each. Should have bought these, I guess.

Tags
clutch , flywheel , manual , replacement , transmission

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.