Clutch Replacement Write up - With Pictures! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 Old 06-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

FSM states that you shouldn't re-use the flywheel bolts.

I'll assume it's due to the large torque applied to them when originally installed.

2013 JKU
1995 YJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 06-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Fernando

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you for the great writeup! this gives me courage to tackle my next clutch job! Only problem for me would be finding that clutch alignment tool, not available where I live, I may just order one and keep it for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
-------------------------------
post #18 of 19 Old 06-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I thought I saw that somewhere, but almost every wright up I see appears to re-use the old one's? Does anyone know where to get replacements? Dealer?

Fernando: The Alignment tool typically comes with a new Clutch kit.

Thanks

1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 19 Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I re-used mine. Lazy.... They look like specialty bolts nontheless. So I'd assume you'd need to go to the dealer or similar joint to aquire them.

I see the Mopar flywheel bolts go for like $4 each. Should have bought these, I guess.

2013 JKU
1995 YJ

Tags
clutch , flywheel , manual , replacement , transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.