Clutch Q?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Clutch Q??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-23-2001, 04:08 PM   #1
Jeff M

Clutch Q??

Hi,

How much (ballpark) is it for a new clutch? Is it a do it yourself project for the somewhat mechanical type?

Thanks,

Jeff
90 4cyl Wrangler

Jeff M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2001, 08:24 PM   #2
walt2810

just had mine done 95 sahara (86k miles), $250 labor & $175 for clutch kit (aftermarket). the dealer wanted 370$ for clutch kit. I also had cyncros, bearings, call it a rebuild, total for the whole deal was $1000 with a 12k, 1yr warantee. Now it shifts as smooth as silk
walt2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2001, 06:35 AM   #3
glm 87 wrangler

well cant tell ya the price,just call around
your local part stores.Just know wht kind of tranny you have.Tell them you want the clutch,
pressure plate, and release bearing.Do it all at one time save time and money!
Unread 10-24-2001, 03:12 PM   #4
Jeff M

thanks guys

Jeff
Jeff M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2001, 04:48 PM   #5
powjunkie

I recently installed a centerforce II in my 94 YJ. If you've never done any heavy duty mechanic'n before, I would recommend having it done somewhere that specializes in Jeep work. It took me a full day to complete the job with the help of a friend. If you do decide to tackle it, better bribe a friend with beer when it's time to slide the tranny back in place....definately easier with two people. Parts for everything (clutch pressure plate, clutch disk, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, having flywheel turned) was around $250.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.