clutch problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > clutch problems

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
bigred94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

clutch problems

ok so i have the internal slave cylinder in the jeep its my 3rd one so far. i keep losing fuild i think its the master cap. but the clutch pedal good every 5 or so shifts the pedal goes to almost noting then it comes back the next time i push it in. the part store wont warraty any more its the 3rd time the other ones the bleeder line blow apart. so any ideas im thinking its time for the external slave but everyone around here wants way to much for just the bellhousing and the throwout bearing. so now im not sure what to do.

bigred94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Keep looking for an external slave bell housing. I have an extra ax5 bell housing I'd probably give someone if they really needed It, external slave. What do you have a 6 cylinder right? It just takes time to find the deal, until then just keep making it work somehow. (I have not looked at your engine specs, I'm on a bb, and the way its set I can't see what engine you have right now but I am guessing 6 cyl.)
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Cool92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I went through three autozone slave cylinders in two years.
Then I finally went to the jeep dealer and bought a external slave and master cyl for $280 never had a leak since!
Unread 04-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
bigred94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

yea its a 4.0 yea last time i did the clutch i did everything master clutch line and clutch the trannys a 92 but my yj a 94 had a 2.5 never had a clutch problem wit that.
bigred94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.