Clutch Pedal Assembly Difference - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Clutch Pedal Assembly Difference

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
stenyeart

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Clutch Pedal Assembly Difference

I see that the 87-90 and the 91-95 YJ's have a different clutch pedal assembly. Does anyone know the difference? The reason I ask is that I swapped a 4.0 and AX15 into my 1990 YJ and with the clutch fully depressed, the Master cylinder still has travel left in it. (The rod is not pressed all the way it. Still has about 1" of travel before it is depressed.) I am using a pre bled master/slave combo for a 94-95 YJ. Anyone have any suggestions.

I am having shifting issues, I have already replaced the master/slave and it has a new clutch kit. It is acting like I do not quite have enough throw on the clutch.

Any ideas?

stenyeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
Matt24138
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am not 100% but I think the difference is 91-95 went hydraulic. I could be way off though.
()_) ()_)---)_)
Matt24138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
stenyeart

1990 YJ Wrangler 

My 90 was hydraulic.
Unread 08-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

By 1" of travel do you mean that you can pick up the clutch pedal 1"? If so that is normal the pedal is not tight against the master cylinder rod.

Are you shifting ok? or What do you mean by shifting issues?

From gear to gear is it ok?

Does she go into 1st at a dead stop Ok?
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
stenyeart

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Cannot put it in gear while running.

1" of travel left. When I push the clutch in, the master cylinder still needs to be compressed 1".

Shifts good with engine off.
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
clarkjdg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Just checking but are you sure you have all the air bled out real good, sounds like you may still have air in it if you have to kill it to get it in gear!
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 05:43 AM   #7
brentd711
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I hope you resolve this and post the fix here. I'm planning to transplant a '93 drivetrain into a '90 and using the '93 clutch master.
brentd711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.