Clutch master and slave question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Clutch master and slave question

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 08-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Clutch master and slave question

My slave cylinder is going out. I found this out in traffic when my foot was on the floor and my jeep was inching forward toward the miata in front of me like a dog on a leash going after a cat across the street. Anywho I went to stores in three cities and found a master cylinder and slave finally and wondering if I need the hose connecting the two or can I reuse the old one? Cause I can't find one anywhere. My diaphragm on the slave is leaking and have no fluid loss whatsoever.

Advice? I'm switching it out tomorrow morning.

Unread 08-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
tommbstone
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The slave is located in the bell housing so make sure thats the leak. If so GO TO NAPA do not buy anything BUT NAPA or you will be pulling tranny again and again. Also may want to do clutch psi plate and surface flywheel at machine shop....those parts are fine at kragen/oriley. BUT DO NOT BUY A KRAGEN AUTO ZONE JUNK SLAVE CYLINDER. IT WILL FAIL
Now if its the master on fire wall you'll know its leaking because you'll have brake fluid all over the carpet inside. Easy fix and if the kragen one goes out its not a big deal. (I just replaced my kragen twice, second time was a charm)
anyway master clutch cylinder is bolt up and pined to clutch
tommbstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well he's got a 94' so his slave is on the outside of the bellhousing. OP what type of hydraulic line do you have on there now? As long as its not the pre-bled set up you should be able to reuse the line. That is if its not the line thats leaking.

93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up.
Leans93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nothing is leaking externally. I have maintained the same amount of fluid in the reservoir for the past week. The slave cylinder feels like it's just not catching and then it'll catch when I try again. Sometimes it'll lunge ahead with the clutch pedal half an inch off the floor and sometimes it's in the normal place halfway from the floor to the dash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.