clutch master and slave cylinder ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > clutch master and slave cylinder ?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJK Front 3 Link Prototype - Clayton Off Road

Unread 05-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

clutch master and slave cylinder ?

Did the bleeding process for my 94 AX15 external slave master/slave assembly and I still have very little clutch pedal...

Just had the trans rebuilt, also the clutch looked to be brand new when the trans was out. I am assuming it has to be one of the two slave or master cylinder that is no longer working the way it should.

My pedal goes almost all the way to the firewall and its very hard to shift when stopped, or going into reverse when stopped.

Should I just get the kit with the master/slave cylinder and be done with it?

Unread 05-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Also I am not sure if its connected, but when I go to stop now I am stalling. Even if I shift into neutral. Not all the time but it only started after putting the trans back in. Fuel injected, no issue under throttle. Only when stopping.... Right now I have no speedo due to the SYE kit and waiting on a plug. Could that be throwing off the PC causing it to do that
Unread 05-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
peejpeej
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Mine would die while slowing to a stop. Replaced the speed sensor and problem solved.
peejpeej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well hopefully that plug comes in soon, not like I am going anywhere till I get that clutch figured out..
Unread 05-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I guess really I just want to make sure I don't need to also look at something else.

As stated before the clutch looked to be in great shape, pressure plate and all looked almost better then the new kit from the parts store...

Any ideas would be a help...

Thanks
Unread 05-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
95YamJam
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I replaced both of them today. I had a leak at the slave. I would randomly loose clutch pedal pressure and it would go to the floor. I would pump it a caouple times and get it back. Mine shifted ok still when i had pressure. I got the whole pre filled/bled master/slave kit from NAPA.

It took about an hour and i was not hurrying. Problem solved, pedal feels better than ever.
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just went ahead and ordered one from NAPA myself, of course not an on the shelf item so it should be in tomorrow. I hope it does the trick, no leaks at all and even if I pump the pedal I am not getting better pressure. Im guessing fluid is just blowing by something on the master or the slave..
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

New clutch master cylinder is in along with the new external slave cylinder. Got the kit.

Bled the system and I still have very little clutch pedal, and feels like the clutch still is not engaging 100% I need to put a good bit of force into getting it into gear if the jeep moves in neutral. Clutch is new not worn at all... Really at my wits end on this one...
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:03 AM   #9
95YamJam
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Did your Napa kit have fluid in it? Mine did. It was pre bled. I literally bolted it on and it was all good. If your still having issues you may have throw out, clutch fork, or pressure plate problems.
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #10
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

The new slave cylinders seem to be all plastic and when I got mine I was a little confused actually read the directions for bleeding and they went like this and yes this is true and works. On an external slave remove the two bolts from the bell housing and remove the slave cylinder. With the cap off the master and fully serviced take the slave cylinder and point the piston at the floor. Actuate by hand 20 cycles. Check the master cylinder make sure it is still full and repeat. Reinstall the slave cylinder and service the master as required. Works like a champ and haven't been back down there in over a year. See what happens.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #11
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It was dry, old style too that has the bleeder screw.

Fork looked fine, throw out bearing is brand new. Pressure plate looked like nothing was wrong, but then maybe that is it..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.