clutch master cylinder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > clutch master cylinder

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Ranjo
1988 YJ Wrangler 

clutch master cylinder

put a new master cylinder in the yj last weekend, no longer leaking inside , but the clutch pedal has no pressure sometimes...i can pump it and the pressure builds fine, only thing I see that loses the pedal is if I let the clutch pedal come all the way to the top hard. I am 99% sure I have no air in the line...bled it, bled it some more, gravity bled it, bled it again..get my drift. I can drive all day as long as I don;t let the clutch pedal come up hard and I never lose pressure. Is there a spring or adjustment to the pedal? I have adjusted to driving it as it only takes 1 pump of the pedal to have all the pressure back again. I'm leaning on a bad MC, clutch works fine, no grinds, no leaks..I'm at a loss, its a jeep, so i drive it until something really needs to be fixed

SN...removed the track bars, noticed a little difference, not the Cadillac ride some describe, but better none the less, I left the sway bar on as i drive 26 miles a day on interstate...+1 for free upgrades

88YJ, 3 inch life 33x12.50 MT MTZ 93 4.0 swap 5spd, I'm not sure if the tranny and xfer case are from the 93

Ranjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

How old is your slave cylinder. If it was more than a few years old the greater pressure in the MC probably is killing the seals in your slave

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.