clicking and winches two questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > clicking and winches two questions

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-05-2002, 07:50 PM   #1
Jeepfreak81
1994 YJ Wrangler 

clicking and winches two questions

OK i have first the clicking question, i noticed it mostly going down the road, slowly, but when i dropped it into 4 low and went back and forth or let on and off the gas i can hear a loud click, but i cant tell if it it a u-joint or a knuckle on the front steering, is there any way to tell for sure? i have the front u-joints already and plan on replceing them after i go to the sand dunes -- i figure with 176000 its worth it, but how can i tell its not the knuckle for sure, or cant i?
Also there is a 8000lb warn winch in the paper for $300 is this a good price??

Full Page Club member #004
Green Jeep Club Member #005
Jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2002, 11:44 PM   #2
Quan

not really sure.. may want to raise up the jeep and have someone pump the gas to see if you can get a better look underneath... as far as the winch.. i have a ramsey 8000 lb winch and they can run around $7-900 so as long as it works, i would get it.

[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.