click??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > click???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-13-2002, 02:03 PM   #1
sk8pr0

click???

I got a new rear yoke a few weeks ago and now there is a small issue. When I engage the clutch (let the pedal out) there is a click. Most of the time it is just once then it stops, but sometimes it is a couple clicks in a row. anyone have any ideas?

sk8pr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2002, 02:40 AM   #2
JeepinNH

I have heard clunks and clanks, the typical worn ujoint noise but not a click. Can you tell what general area the noise is coming from?

Wife's has 91 Wrangler, Shackle Lift running BFG 31" "Yellow"
JeepinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2002, 10:11 AM   #3
sk8pr0

i know it isn't ujoints cause i just replaced them. i know it is coming from underneath but i don't trust anyone enough to climb under there while they engage the clutch, lol
sk8pr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2002, 12:24 PM   #4
ezgoing

Is it possible that there is a little play in the rear pinion yoke and/or rear diff? If not there may be play in the area that the driveshaft mates to the transfer case. Just two ideas that may help track it down.
'67 Ford Galaxie 500 (passes everything but the gas station)

"What do you mean I can't make it, watch me!" = oops
ezgoing is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.