click??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > click???

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-13-2002, 03:03 PM   #1
sk8pr0

click???

I got a new rear yoke a few weeks ago and now there is a small issue. When I engage the clutch (let the pedal out) there is a click. Most of the time it is just once then it stops, but sometimes it is a couple clicks in a row. anyone have any ideas?

sk8pr0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2002, 03:40 AM   #2
JeepinNH

I have heard clunks and clanks, the typical worn ujoint noise but not a click. Can you tell what general area the noise is coming from?

Wife's has 91 Wrangler, Shackle Lift running BFG 31" "Yellow"
JeepinNH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2002, 11:11 AM   #3
sk8pr0

i know it isn't ujoints cause i just replaced them. i know it is coming from underneath but i don't trust anyone enough to climb under there while they engage the clutch, lol
sk8pr0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2002, 01:24 PM   #4
ezgoing

Is it possible that there is a little play in the rear pinion yoke and/or rear diff? If not there may be play in the area that the driveshaft mates to the transfer case. Just two ideas that may help track it down.
'67 Ford Galaxie 500 (passes everything but the gas station)

"What do you mean I can't make it, watch me!" = oops
ezgoing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.