cj top on yj? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > cj top on yj?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 08-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #1
ridgeghost
1990 YJ Wrangler 

cj top on yj?

can someone tell me if a cj top and doors will mount up to my yj?? i have achance to buy them and need to know asap! thanks

ridgeghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
jth0033
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Yes both will work. Only difference with the CJ top that I know of is that the rear window has to be opened before the tailgate. This means that the spare tire carrier will have to be removed so that the rear hatch can open.
jth0033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
ridgeghost
1990 YJ Wrangler 

awesome! thats alright. i dont have a spair tire on my tailgate its on my swing open bumper. thanks for your help
!
ridgeghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
NicksYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Only the Cj-7 top will match up to the yj, I got an amazing deal on hard uppers and a Cj-7 top and it fits almost perfect. The Cj-5 top wont fit because the body is shorter on the Cj. With the rear tail gate you just have to time its opening and closing perfect or the rear door will crush and break the fiberglass around the lift gate.
NicksYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

CJ-7 only.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.