CJ hood and grille on YJ Wrangler - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > CJ hood and grille on YJ Wrangler

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #46
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFox View Post
Notching wouldn't be tough, I don't think. Making the cuts look factory might be a little time consuming though. If you were really dedicated you could roll the edges and really make it look good. But why bother, it's a Jeep! It would be cool if someone who had already done this had a template available for download. But then again it would vary depending on whether or not the Jeep was lifted and what size lift.
Set fender in place, mark, trim, and repeat. Once it fits well, make the cut-outs "pretty". Add a fresh coat of paint at the cut areas and to the shock towers (they get scratched) and you're ready to install. Mine took less than an hour per side. They could have both been done well enough to fit in 15 minutes (mine look factory).

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #47
GFox
1985 CJ7 

Well, the time has come to sell my Wrangler. I've put an add on Craigslist but I figured I's mention it here in case anyone was interested.
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4507599668.html
GFox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #48
Homebrewed2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Cut and paste

Little bit of time with a grinder and a welder!
193.jpg
196.jpg
205.jpg
202.jpg  
Homebrewed2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #49
GFox
1985 CJ7 

Wow, impressive. That looks nice. Looking forward to a completed project pic.
Unread 06-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #50
Firefyter-Emt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Can you post up a photo with the hood shut, and somewhat of a side profile? Also, I am curious... Is there a reason you did not try to graft more if the CJ grille in order to remove that YJ "bend" the grille bars have? This is a harder mod to pull off and have it look right, yours looks pretty good! I would love to see how the shape comes together with the hood on.
Firefyter-Emt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #51
GFox
1985 CJ7 

Sold my YJ/CJ this weekend. It was a really nice Jeep and I enjoyed driving it for the year I owned it. The best part, though was doing the CJ front end conversion. Now I've got more time (and money) to make progress on my CJ7 restoration.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.