CJ Hardtop on YJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > CJ Hardtop on YJ

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #16
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

What kind of doors did you get?

CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #17
CarolinaYJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

They are two piece soft Bestop doors (http://www.quadratec.com/products/11044_XX_PG.htm). I bought them from some guys who were restoring a Jeep and had full hards, 1/2 hards and these. When I bought the Jeep it didn't have any top. No hardware for a soft top, nothing. So I have been piecing the YJ together slowly. The wife isn't exactly crazy I bought the Jeep in the first place. I'm slowly cleaning up the rust spots, fixing things, and trying to get it up to a nice ride.
Unread 09-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #18
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaYJ
They are two piece soft Bestop doors (http://www.quadratec.com/products/11044_XX_PG.htm). I bought them from some guys who were restoring a Jeep and had full hards, 1/2 hards and these. When I bought the Jeep it didn't have any top. No hardware for a soft top, nothing. So I have been piecing the YJ together slowly. The wife isn't exactly crazy I bought the Jeep in the first place. I'm slowly cleaning up the rust spots, fixing things, and trying to get it up to a nice ride.
Yeah those only work on Bestop's Sunrider top or Supertop. The only half doors that will work with a CJ (I think) or YJ are Bulldawg doors, keystone Restyling uppers (both of which are hard doors, and TJ soft uppers. The hard uppers are direct swap, while the TJ needs modification on the last pin to allow it to fit properly.
Unread 09-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #19
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaYJ
The wife isn't exactly crazy I bought the Jeep in the first place.
I know your pain pal. My wife gives me that look every time I start working on something Jeep related. But I'm on year 3 now of my rebuild, so by now she knows she can't win this one. Haha
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #20
CarolinaYJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBinDC View Post
I know your pain pal. My wife gives me that look every time I start working on something Jeep related. But I'm on year 3 now of my rebuild, so by now she knows she can't win this one. Haha
Hope she can learn to enjoy it. Thanks for the help.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.