CJ four wire wiper motor in YJ five wire connector - Please help! :D - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > CJ four wire wiper motor in YJ five wire connector - Please help! :D

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 11-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
TheBootlegger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

CJ four wire wiper motor in YJ five wire connector - Please help! :D

I have a fiberglass CJ windshield frame im going to install to replace my damnable rusty and leaky YJ frame, it came with a four wire wiper motor and from what i read I cant swap the wiper links from my YJ so I have to make the CJ motor and linkage work.. Ive researched as much as I could but all Ive found was about putting a YJ windshield in a CJ..

Hoping to get some help because i am mentally challenged when it comes to wiring..

TheBootlegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
TheBootlegger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Cj wiper motor wires:

Red
Blue
Green
Black

YJ Connector:

White
Blue
Green
Brown
Black

From what i read the black is the ground, so no problem there but as for the other wires.. I dont care if i lose functions like intermittent or variable speed, as long as i can switch em on and off to clear the snow off and hopefully not die this winter

Thanks for any help it would be greatly appreciated!
Unread 11-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBootlegger View Post
Cj wiper motor wires:

Red
Blue
Green
Black

YJ Connector:

White
Blue
Green
Brown
Black

From what i read the black is the ground, so no problem there but as for the other wires.. I dont care if i lose functions like intermittent or variable speed, as long as i can switch em on and off to clear the snow off and hopefully not die this winter

Thanks for any help it would be greatly appreciated!
Does this help;

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/wi...issues-878901/

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
TheBootlegger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laybackman View Post
So much! It's very clear and i can now compare it to YJ wiper wiring and rig it up. Thanks a lot.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.