chrome rims - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > chrome rims

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-09-2002, 07:25 PM   #1
diverguy

chrome rims

how long do they last until they start to rust. I cant decide between american racing polished baja, or a chrome set

diverguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2002, 07:30 PM   #2
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

I had my rims for 4 weeks maybe. Then I found rust starting. Luckly, I was able to wipe it off. It all depends on how you take care of them. I live in Upstate NY. These rims will never see winter. I've got a spare set. I also try to clean them once a week and I might try a polishing protectant.

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2002, 08:40 PM   #3
Keymaster

There is a misconception about chrome wheels. While they require more attention to keep them up, they will last a long time. I have a set of the regular chrome nugget wheels on my truck... had them for about 5 years now and they still look great. Every once in a while, if I haven't cleaned it in a while, I'll see some surface rust starting. A brillow pad is all it takes to get that off. The aluminum wheels I got with my Jeep are pitted really bad because the guy that owned it before me didn't take care of them. I guess the moral of the story is that if you take care of your wheels, whatever you buy, they'll last a long time.

Looking for a YJ!
Keymaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.