CHevy 350 and Muncie SM465 Trans into a YJ...your thoughts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > CHevy 350 and Muncie SM465 Trans into a YJ...your thoughts?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
jesseleikerjeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

CHevy 350 and Muncie SM465 Trans into a YJ...your thoughts?

Hey guys/gals:

I am just in the process of deciding to swap out horses. I don't have enough of them rattling around in my engine bay and I'm kind of a hill billy...which means my anemic I4 isn't loud or quite obnoxious enough. I would like some opinions, however.

For now: I'm intending on leaving the NP231 tcase in tact...and throwing a 5.7L 350 v8 in there with a Muncie SM465 transmission to compliment it. This tranny is a good pairing both for the 350 and the 231. Anyone have any better ideas? Thoughts...suggestions...anything will help! I'm in no hurry as this is about project number 8 on my "projects that will take a while and I'm having a hard time finding motivation to start any of them, but probably should because my Jeep is a pos" list.

I appreciate it! Thanks!

jesseleikerjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2010, 03:23 AM   #2
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

People do it all the time
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
jesseleikerjeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Lol. Well thank you jsaw. I myself have put plenty of 350/Muncie combo's in...Chevy's. Just never in a Jeep. I don't know if the 465 marries up with the np231 as nicely as I think it will...I'm just wondering if anyone has placed this particular combination in their YJ yet...if there were any inherent problems that I'd rather know about now....
Unread 01-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseleikerjeep View Post
Lol. Well thank you jsaw. I myself have put plenty of 350/Muncie combo's in...Chevy's. Just never in a Jeep. I don't know if the 465 marries up with the np231 as nicely as I think it will...I'm just wondering if anyone has placed this particular combination in their YJ yet...if there were any inherent problems that I'd rather know about now....
Both Novak and Advance have writ up`s on this swap. It might be a good idea to Google them and check it out.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
jesseleikerjeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Cool. Will do. I am checking out Novak's now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.