Check engine light on after mudding.. Weird codes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Check engine light on after mudding.. Weird codes

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 09-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
ibacavergrl
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Check engine light on after mudding.. Weird codes

So I have a 93YJ... went mudding and it was fine, came home and parked it. Next day the Check Engine light came on so I didn't drive it, ended up taking my bike out. I did the on off with the ignition to get the codes from the jeep when the check engine light flashed the codes, and I came up with:

12* Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles.
24** Throttle position sensor input above maximum acceptable voltage.
or Throttle position sensor input below minimum acceptable voltage.
33* An open or shorted condition detected in the A/C clutch relay circuit.

Now I don't have an A/C so im not worried about 33*.... haven't ever had one, but this is the first time my check engine light has ever came on... running crappy... kept wanting to die on me when i tried to pull it out of the driveway and the check engine light comes on soon as I start to drive, not when I turn it on.. was weird...
ANY ideas/suggestions? I don't wanna take it to the shop if its something that I can do myself...

"93 Jeep YJ"
ibacavergrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

12 33 & 55 are normal. 24 tps is caused by the tps or the map sensor. Check the vacuum lines to the map and pull and clean the tps. Disconnect the battery for a long 10 count to clear all stored codes.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It is easy to fix.
Unread 09-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
ibacavergrl
1993 YJ Wrangler 

ok i appreciate it... ill have to see if that works... i guess i gotta clean off all the mud that is on the engine so that i can see what i am doing...
"93 Jeep YJ"
ibacavergrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
WNUNEZJR
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I get those some time too but they go away once I turn it off and on.
WNUNEZJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yep. You should get electrical grease in all the connectors if you are going to wheel it in water and mud. It keeps the water out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.