Chassis Lubrication - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Chassis Lubrication

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Chassis Lubrication

Where exactly are all the chassis lubrication points, and how much is too much in the steering lube points? The boots already feel pretty firm to the touch.

Thanks in advance -

Jason

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
goatboy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I don't know if you've referred to your manual, or even if the manual has this information...but from my experience, I've never had a problem climbin' under the beast with a grease gun and puzzling it out! Not a difficult thing...you see a zerk, hit it a lick with the grease gun...if there's no zerk, don't...
goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatboy
Well, I don't know if you've referred to your manual, or even if the manual has this information...but from my experience, I've never had a problem climbin' under the beast with a grease gun and puzzling it out! Not a difficult thing...you see a zerk, hit it a lick with the grease gun...if there's no zerk, don't...
The Hayne's just says almost exactly what you did. I was looking for a rough count to try and ensure I didn't miss any.
Unread 04-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
BChamberlin
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of grease do you use for this? I've never used a grease gun... are the attachemnts the same? I've actually got a TJ but found this under search. I could probably use some lube as well... never done it before.
BChamberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
AirForce
Head Hunter

1994 YJ Wrangler 

On my 94 YJ, I have a zerk fitting on all 4 Tie Rod Ends (Drag Link and Steering Knuclkles), upper ball fittings, front and rear driveshaft UJoints, and all my greasable shackles. My ujoints in my front axles don't have zerk fittings. If your boots feel firm, I would not mess with it... you don't want to split out a boot.

I'm not sure if that's all of them, that's all I have run across so far! Have fun!
Unread 04-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
blake989
1995 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^^^one more on the front driveshaft slip-collar

EDIT: dang, didn't realize this was a few years old. I use a synthetic grease. And I have no clue about a TJ.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.