Changing the Water Pump - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-18-2001, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
OhYeah

Changing the Water Pump

Hey friends,

I am going to be changing the water pump this weekend. Is the anything I need to look out for? How hard is this to do? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

91 YJ, 4 banger, 3" Rough Country, 3" body lift, 31X10.5 BFG KO's on 15X10 bajas, K&N, restrictor removed.

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-18-2001, 06:19 PM
osburn

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ya need RTV and pipe sealer if I remember right. I'd open the box and read the instructions so ya don't find you're without something you need once you get started.

Matt Osburn
Greengo
Rigrater Score 1032
post #3 of 4 Old 09-18-2001, 06:59 PM
my litte red yj

make sure you clean the block GOOD remove all the old gasket and make sure the metal pipe that is on the waterpump is good when i did my waterpump i replaced mine it was about $13.00 from the dealer it mite have a lot of rust, if it is rusty i (my opion) would replace it is worth the $13.00 insurance i was afraid it would leak it had a lot of rust on it it took me 1 hr once you remove the fan shroud it is easy
post #4 of 4 Old 09-18-2001, 07:08 PM
JeeperJay

I just did this last week. Its not too bad as long as you don't have a problem getting bolts off. You do need to remove the power steering pump and the pump mount to get to the water pump though. There's no need to disconnect the hoses though, just kinda move everything out of the way. I got it done in a few hours with no major problems. I also replaced that heater hose pipe that 'my litte red YJ' referred to. I'd also recommend flushing out the coolant system before you take anything apart so you don't have to deal with coolant while you're under the hood.

1992 YJ, 2.5L 4-banger, 2" Lift, 31x10.5 BFG Mud Terrain, K&N Filter, Restrictor Removed, Hi-Lift, Custom bumpers, More to come...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.