Changing the Water Pump - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Changing the Water Pump

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-18-2001, 02:57 PM   #1
OhYeah

Changing the Water Pump

Hey friends,

I am going to be changing the water pump this weekend. Is the anything I need to look out for? How hard is this to do? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2001, 06:19 PM   #2
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ya need RTV and pipe sealer if I remember right. I'd open the box and read the instructions so ya don't find you're without something you need once you get started.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2001, 06:59 PM   #3
my litte red yj

make sure you clean the block GOOD remove all the old gasket and make sure the metal pipe that is on the waterpump is good when i did my waterpump i replaced mine it was about $13.00 from the dealer it mite have a lot of rust, if it is rusty i (my opion) would replace it is worth the $13.00 insurance i was afraid it would leak it had a lot of rust on it it took me 1 hr once you remove the fan shroud it is easy
my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2001, 07:08 PM   #4
JeeperJay

I just did this last week. Its not too bad as long as you don't have a problem getting bolts off. You do need to remove the power steering pump and the pump mount to get to the water pump though. There's no need to disconnect the hoses though, just kinda move everything out of the way. I got it done in a few hours with no major problems. I also replaced that heater hose pipe that 'my litte red YJ' referred to. I'd also recommend flushing out the coolant system before you take anything apart so you don't have to deal with coolant while you're under the hood.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.