Changing Oil Pan Gasket - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Changing Oil Pan Gasket

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-08-2003, 09:18 AM   #1
Leroux
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Changing Oil Pan Gasket

Within the next couple of weeks im going to be changing my oil pan gasket. Its developed a very slight leak on the front, under the (?crank pulley?). I tightened down all the bolts on the pan and it seems to have stopped it for now, but I still want to fix it right. Is there anything else I should look at or have changed while I have the pan off? I also have a very quite knock when the engine is cold, any ideas? It has 158K miles on it.

Thanks in advance,
Leroux

'93 YJ 4.0 i6, 8.8ls, D30 w/Aussie & Alloy USA shafts/disco removed, 4.56's, 3.5" Fabtech (gathering parts for SOA), 5/8 MORE Boomerangs, SYE, Coast Driveshaft, m8000, "Accordion style" Header w/full exhaust, 33" Siped BFG MT's, TJ Flares.
Leroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2003, 09:39 AM   #2
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroux
Within the next couple of weeks im going to be changing my oil pan gasket. Its developed a very slight leak on the front, under the (?crank pulley?). I tightened down all the bolts on the pan and it seems to have stopped it for now, but I still want to fix it right. Is there anything else I should look at or have changed while I have the pan off? I also have a very quite knock when the engine is cold, any ideas? It has 158K miles on it.

Thanks in advance,
Leroux
If your rear main seal is leaking too, it is a good time to replace it when the pan is off. But, I am not sure I would replace if it wasn't leaking.

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.