Changing egr tube. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Changing egr tube.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Sawicki4wd
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Well I changed my exhaust manifold and I I forgot to hook up my egr tube. So I tried and tried to put it in without having to take the manifolds apart. It's a very awkward place to try to put the bolts in so I figured I'd do a write up on a easier way to change it.

First thing you have to have to support the engine. Weather you use a jack or engine lift.

Then use the proper sized wrench to take the top nut off of the egr tube. I think it's a 3/4. You might find it really hard and If so try a little heat.

Next thing you have to get a 9/16 socket I believe and take the four bolts that hold the engine mount to the block off.

Then take the long bolt that goes through the motor mount off. I actually found it easier to take the 2 bolts off on the other end of the motor Mount off.

Now you have so much more room to work on the tube. It allows you to not only have room to work but see what your doing. And while the motor mounts off you should inspect it to see if it's shot and needs to be replaced.

Well I hope this helped someone.

Sawicki4wd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
nembudonna
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Don't know if it helped anyone, but sure know it didn't hurt em. Thanks
nembudonna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
Sawicki4wd
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Im sure someday it will come in handy fr someone
Sawicki4wd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

That stupid tube took 4 hours of my life away trying to get those top bolts back in.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.