Changing cowl seal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Changing cowl seal

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
Sprinter31
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Changing cowl seal

Hi jeepers,, I will be changing my cowl seal soon and read a bunch of advise for how to do it,, the most common problem is the seal being so thick , it is hard to get windshield closed and requires some frame adjustments.. I also wanted to add that getting the seal warm first will help the rubber seal squish a little easier,, several ways to do this, but the best is to leave in sun for an hour before installing, other ways,, a blow dryer,, starting your engine and setting on your air filter ( be sure it doesnt fall into fan!!).
I will let you all know if this helps,,
Just another bit of advice for everyone,, Ever had a rubber hose that was just a little too small to expand over fitting?? Take a hammer and pound on end of hose gently untll it gets warm and it should slide right on..

Sprinter31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.