Centra pod question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Centra pod question

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
acat
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Centra pod question

Looking into getting one of those pods that mount on the floor in front of my shifter. Will it fit if I have the two heat ducts that exit on the tunnel under dash. I've seen pictures of them in jeeps but not with the heat ducts mine has. Also what size speakers can I get in them. Where's the best place to buy this. Thx

acat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Without us seeing what heat ducts you have it is going to be real hard for anyone to say if they should fit or not. So a picture would help. I think they come cut to fit a 5.25" speaker. You can cut the opening wider to fit a larger speaker. As for where to buy, just google that.
scubamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I've wondered this in the past as well, because I've got the extended duct piece. I believe the pod sits in front of the ducting (toward the rear of the Jeep) and shouldn't interfere, but I don't have first hand knowledge.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

From looking at some pics on the internet it looks like they will set far enough away that they should work.
scubamc is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.