cb mount ideas?!? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > cb mount ideas?!?

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #16
SuperMidget

never took the bracket out of her old xj... short piece of plumber strap screwed straight to the dash then used the original screws in the side to hold it in place

SuperMidget is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #17
ROTTEN
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Mine is under my steering wheel
I looped the mic over the column for a place to rest. It doesn't interfere with anything.
And its not small. Its a '78 Midland 13-888. I ran the wire from the tire stop down the center of the tub. I use my shift boots to hold it in place so its not getting caught on things. I'll get a pic tomorrow
Unread 02-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #18
hypernoodle
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I gutted my ashtray slot and stuffed a Cobra unit from Walmart into the hole. It fit perfectly.
hypernoodle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #19
7370MJD
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm glad some of you guys saved the ashtry/cig lighter. A PO removed mine and had a CB mounted there. Those ashtrays are hard to come by if you want to replace it. Found one on Ebay, but took about a year. PO also mounted mike bracket on the dash and now it has holes right in the center of the dash....Worst part was when I got the jeep, the CB had been removed so I just got missing parts and holes. Slowly getting it fixed though. After owning the jeep for some time now, those are the only issues, not bad I say.
7370MJD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #20
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Put mine overhead, so I could hear it. Used a 4 ft piece of 1x1 aluminum and some other hardware. I also took the time to snake the wires thru the windshield frame.

Eventually I'll finish a cage and I can still leave the radio in roughly the same spot.

The extra cig lighter plug is for my xm radio, gps or a map light.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #21
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I moved my stereo into a Marine enclosure mounted on the front of my Ammo can center console, so I stuffed my CB into the factory radio hole in the dash.

Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #22
calpbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

This is what I did. Make sure there is ample clearance for the transfer case shift lever
014-3-.jpg  

Charlie Lamar
Ringgold, GA
calpbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #23
ROTTEN
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here is mine. There is enough room to move your leg around.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.