Catback suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Catback suggestions

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 06-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
Carralo1
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Catback suggestions

Looking for suggestions of a mildly aggressive sounding muffler. What price am I looking at for a new muffler and tailpipe? I dont too too lOud but definitey much more noticeable than stock

Carralo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

might as well fill out your profile so everyone knows what you're working with...2.5 or 4.0?
janders82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Carralo1
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah my bad. It's a 93 4.0 5 spd
Unread 06-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
Dynomax_Exhaust
Exhaust Experts!
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carralo1 View Post
Looking for suggestions of a mildly aggressive sounding muffler. What price am I looking at for a new muffler and tailpipe? I dont too too lOud but definitey much more noticeable than stock
Check out P/N 17309.
Louder than stock, but not over the top.
Made in the USA.
Limited Lifetime Warranty, save that receipt.
If you aren't happy we offer a 90 day Sound and Performance Guarantee as well.
Check with many of the vendors as we don't sell direct.

Dynomax_Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Carralo1
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info on the dynomax. Def seems like a good deal. What do you guys suggest for a on the cheaper side, easy to install, and most importantly a deep throaty sounding muffler. I can get the tailpipe at autozone for 23 bucks and then just weld on a
6 or 8 inch stainless tip
Unread 06-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
ItzaKaDoozie
1993 YJ Wrangler 

not to troll, but doesnt this seem like blatant advertising? kinda convenient that this company *happened* to see the post.
ItzaKaDoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
Dynomax_Exhaust
Exhaust Experts!
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carralo1 View Post
Thanks for the info on the dynomax. Def seems like a good deal. What do you guys suggest for a on the cheaper side, easy to install, and most importantly a deep throaty sounding muffler. I can get the tailpipe at autozone for 23 bucks and then just weld on a
6 or 8 inch stainless tip
No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzaKaDoozie View Post
not to troll, but doesnt this seem like blatant advertising? kinda convenient that this company *happened* to see the post.

I know a thing or two about exhaust , as you can see I have a low post count so I don't go out of the way to bug people too much, but if there is a question where I can add a bit of knowledge/help I will. I understand where you are coming from as well. I just happened to be in the YJ forum (had one FOREVER) and noticed two questions about exhaust/mufflers, which is odd because I get a lot more in the TJ/JK world.
Dynomax_Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
redrubi03
1989 YJ Wrangler 

to me flow is more important than sound as I'm more interested in my efficiency than how i sound. that being said I've seen flow bench results for many manufacturers and magnaflow and dynomax are both some of the best flowing out there. lots of people like the aggressive sound you get from a flow master but they definitely don't flow as much as the others. that being said i have a flow master on my 4.0 and it sounds pretty good, but the only reason its on there is because i bought it that way. i put a magnaflow on my ram and love it!
Unread 06-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #9
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

if you are on a budget, look into flowmaster with a magnaflow CAT. i went with the Flowmaster Super 44. Sounded really great at idle, didn't drone on highway at all, but it was a little "ricey" for me getting up to speed. Added a magnaflow CAT. It helped to deepen the sound a bit. Overall i think it sounds great!
janders82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #10
Carralo1
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Super 44 may be a bit
Loud for what I want. I'm in between 40 series flowmaster for $75 or the thrush welded for $35. For those who have had the thrush how did you like it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.